Gum lifting is also known as a gingivectomy. It is a cosmetic procedure that allows excess gum tissue to be removed with a laser to improve the aesthetic appearance of the teeth. Braces, genetics, and certain medications can cause an overgrowth of gum tissue resulting in “square” looking teeth or a gummy smile. A laser gum lift will restore the correct rectangular proportions of your teeth should.
The laser gum lifting procedure is relatively painless and healing times are quick. Most patients can resume normal activities that day. Give us a call if you would like to see if you are a good candidate.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- A Place To Smile was established in 1999
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Utah County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Springville, Provo, Orem, Spanish Fork, Mapleton, Salem, Palmyra, Benjamin
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Laser Dentistry